zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Recap of war with Lethality
Golden arm42
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 08:09 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Yesterday, as I'm sure you know, we warred Lethality (official topic here). First of all, I'd like to thank each and every member who came yesterday. A pull of 23 is absolutely epic: most clans never pull that high, let alone low-level clans like we are. That pull was phenomenal, great job everyone! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif The pull was what gave us the victory. Well done on that.

However, I did notice a few things that need to be corrected by the next time we fight a war, because if they had another person or two, we would have been done in by a few things:

1. Everyone needs to hug. If you don't know how to hug, watch this video. If you're being hit by more than one person, you need to hug around the barriers. This will either make them give up and lose you, or have to follow you around the barriers only hitting occassionally. Either one is good; we all need to hug.

2. Binding. I only saw a few binders yesterday (Tech, Buzzy, maybe one or two others). Tech landed a few good binds, but Buzzy was binding in rune, which didn't work too well (but thanks to you for the effort). laugh.gif From now on, people with over 60 magic need to bring robes and binds. When there's a guy who we're piling and he's just tanking/running, bind his @$$. tongue.gif This will make our piling much better.

3. Speaking of piling, our piling needs to be better. Although wars are chaotic when there are dozens of people involved, it's very important to listen to the pile and stay on it. Although most people were doing this, I was seeing a few too many one-on-ones. We need to all stay together; it will make our chances so much better.

4. Explorer rings. I used one in a war for the first time yesterday; it's amazing! 150% more run lets you tank almost effortlessly and chase down their tankers. If you don't have one yet, please get one.

Again, we did a great job with that pull and win. Now, let's make these changes and get even better and take it to the next level. AL FTW! Fire.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
Techy
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 08:16 AM

Caution: Contents may be hawt
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 434

And just as a rule of thumb, you should use 2 of your ring's charges to chase whoever you're piling, and save the last when you're being piled.

My binding pwned cool.gif

--------------------

Ex-AL | Ex-KR | Ex-GoG | Ex-PoR | Ex-AA | Ex-DB | Ex-VB | Ex-TRR

Awards
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
PM
Chuffa
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 08:19 AM

129 COMBAT / 1981 TOTAL
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 346

Wish i could have made it sad.gif

Well gutted.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image %mh%9%mh%
PM
Lamb Bug
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 08:27 AM

Founder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

And, above all, do NOT do what I did this war. I was in robes at the beginning, and got koed within the first 10 secs of the war.

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
Kerkennah
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 08:42 AM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Group Icon

Group: High Council
Member No.: 444

Good job on the amount of people showing up and winning. Sorry I wasn't there, I had to be at a meeting.

--------------------
user posted image
Crash
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 09:05 AM

Unregistered

Was a good war but I lost connection and got lagged out tongue.gifsad.gif lol
Yeah, can't wait for the next one tongue.gif
coolmageİ
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 09:18 AM

The Coolest Mage
Group Icon

Member No.: 194

We need to find a better way to counter our enemy's hugging. That was getting aggravating.

--------------------
PM
Over Power5
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 12:40 PM

Unregistered

gah! i wish i could have made it
Lamb Bug
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 12:58 PM

Founder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (coolmageİ @ Nov 23 2008, 02:18 PM)
We need to find a better way to counter our enemy's hugging. That was getting aggravating.

Binds. Pure and simple.

--------------------
user posted image

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
PM
coolmageİ
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 01:09 PM

The Coolest Mage
Group Icon

Member No.: 194

QUOTE (Lamb Bug @ Nov 23 2008, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (coolmageİ @ Nov 23 2008, 02:18 PM)

Binds. Pure and simple.

The only person who had some binds was Tech, and he only got about 10

--------------------
PM
Techy
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 01:17 PM

Caution: Contents may be hawt
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 434

I had brought 100 nats, so 50 binds. But I only used half when I had to go. So next time I'll bring like 300 nats smile.gif

--------------------

Ex-AL | Ex-KR | Ex-GoG | Ex-PoR | Ex-AA | Ex-DB | Ex-VB | Ex-TRR

Awards
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
PM
squeeki
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 02:02 PM

Group Icon

Group: Inactive Member
Member No.: 419

well by next war i should be at least lvl 80. I think i am alright at hugging i stayed alive for about 4-5 min maybe even longer. That was a great war cant wait till next time.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 02:40 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

I brought some binds, about 50 same as tech, but as soon as I started to bind I got singled out. Wasn't too happy about that. dry.gif I did range quite a bit too, got quite a few good blows... I'll be a ranger in the oncoming wars and bind when it's needed.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Magikman262
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 03:26 PM

Unregistered

I Read The War Topic . And Ive Read Your Recap . Sorry To Be Naggy , But Can I Have Some Words On This ...

First Of All ... Nice Pull Guys , wub.gif , Trust Me , All This Great Stuff Is Going In Your Favour , You Will Become More Recognised , And Famous biggrin.gif

Binds
Sorry To Contradict You Golden , But Id Have 70+ Mage People Binding , As The Enimies Mage Level Will Play A Role On The Success Rate Of The Binds , So Its Gunna Be Pretty Dang Annoying Binding With 60 Mage . Also If You Can Be Bothered ,You Guys Binding , Play Fog And Get Druidic Robes , They Increase Chance Of Bind Hitting wub.gif .

Snipers
Get Some Of These , Preferably People With 85+ Range , Or 80+ Attack So That They Actually Hit. Have Them Off The Main Pile , And Just Making People In Robes Whack On Their Rune , Or If They Have No Binders Then Have Your Snipes Go After Someone With A High Pray Level Or Sumthing Just To Waste His Pray And Food For Later In War .

Ranging
I Wouldnt Let Anyone With Less Than 85 Range Use Range In Wars , As It Will Be Pointless ,85 Range Would Be The Minimum For Snipes ,As Theyll Be Hitting Robes , But For Main Piles , 90+ Range Would Be Recommended .

I Dont Wanna Sound Like Im Being Picky , But Honestly Guys , Listen To What I Said . Ur Improving Greatly , Keep It Up , And Uhhhhhh AL FTW ( I Mean TPL Really wink.gif )
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 03:39 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

QUOTE (Magikman262 @ Nov 23 2008, 03:26 PM)
I Read The War Topic . And Ive Read Your Recap . Sorry To Be Naggy , But Can I Have Some Words On This ...

First Of All ... Nice Pull Guys , wub.gif , Trust Me , All This Great Stuff Is Going In Your Favour , You Will Become More Recognised , And Famous biggrin.gif

Binds
Sorry To Contradict You Golden , But Id Have 70+ Mage People Binding , As The Enimies Mage Level Will Play A Role On The Success Rate Of The Binds , So Its Gunna Be Pretty Dang Annoying Binding With 60 Mage . Also If You Can Be Bothered ,You Guys Binding , Play Fog And Get Druidic Robes , They Increase Chance Of Bind Hitting wub.gif .

Snipers
Get Some Of These , Preferably People With 85+ Range , Or 80+ Attack So That They Actually Hit. Have Them Off The Main Pile , And Just Making People In Robes Whack On Their Rune , Or If They Have No Binders Then Have Your Snipes Go After Someone With A High Pray Level Or Sumthing Just To Waste His Pray And Food For Later In War .

Ranging
I Wouldnt Let Anyone With Less Than 85 Range Use Range In Wars , As It Will Be Pointless ,85 Range Would Be The Minimum For Snipes ,As Theyll Be Hitting Robes , But For Main Piles , 90+ Range Would Be Recommended .

I Dont Wanna Sound Like Im Being Picky , But Honestly Guys , Listen To What I Said . Ur Improving Greatly , Keep It Up , And Uhhhhhh AL FTW ( I Mean TPL Really wink.gif )

We mainly got middle lvl combat levels. We really dont' have the numbers of clanmates that have that high ranged/magic. Some are an exception, and some need to improve (mainly me) and we'll just do better next time.

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Runescape/clan discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive