zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Add ReplyNew Topic

11 November 2008 - Stealing Creation, Runescapes new update
puremain
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 09:45 AM

Unregistered

11 November 2008 - Stealing Creation

A magical portal has appeared in the Wilderness, and a group of mystics has set up camp around it. The portal leads to the ‘Primordial Realm’, an unfinished world in which sacred clay, the building material of the gods, lies scattered around. The mystics are recruiting adventurers to go through the portal and retrieve the clay. To serve their purposes, however, they believe the clay must be tempered by bloodshed, so they will only send volunteers through in two teams that must compete against one another. No items can be taken through the portal, so the teams will have to make any equipment they need out of sacred clay when they arrive.

Nearly every RuneScape skill has a use in Stealing Creation, whether for extracting sacred clay from locations, making it into equipment, or thwarting the other team's efforts. Skill-focused players can concentrate on gathering or processing the clay, while those who prefer combat defend them or harass the other team. Whenever a player is killed, all the sacred clay items they are carrying will drop to the ground for the victor to pick up. Players can build barriers to defend key locations, summon new creatures made of sacred clay, and even pick one another's pockets.

The mystics will reward those who serve them well, so players can buy new combat and skill items that inherit the shape-changing properties of sacred clay.

Mod John A
RuneScape Content Developer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary

Where to start Stealing Creation:
Speak to one of the mystics in their camp just south of the Bounty Hunter volcano

Requirements:
None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...

The Hallowe’en Trick or Treat event has been removed. The Swept Away quest will remain in-game as a piece of members' content. To start the quest, you’ll need to speak to Maggie, who has moved her caravan to a spot just west of the Legends' Guild.

It seems the bracelet of regeneration was not only boosting the rate at which you regain Hitpoints but also the rate at which Hitpoints returned to normal after using potions with boosting effects. This has been fixed so the temporary boost always wears off at an ordinary rate.

We've fixed a bug that may have caused the in-game world map to not load every time.

The Fishing Trawler is for Fishing, so we have prevented players from leeching experience while undertaking other activities such as Fletching or enchanting items. This isn't fair to the legitimate players, and now the Trawler might not sink quite as often.

Several hats were still causing baldness, these have been rectified so you should retain your hairstyles. There were also numerous other graphical tweaks regarding clipping and render priority issues such as spiky hair appearing through hats.

And last but not least, some of you may have found that a lazy purple cat from the Hallowe'en event wouldn't change into a wily cat after exercise. This has been adjusted so your cat can become healthier again.

copyright © 1999 - 2008 Jagex Ltd

Techy
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 11:11 AM

Caution: Contents may be hawt
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 434

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAPHOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP

Gonna go check it out once I finish smithing another 200 steel bars smile.gif

--------------------

Ex-AL | Ex-KR | Ex-GoG | Ex-PoR | Ex-AA | Ex-DB | Ex-VB | Ex-TRR

Awards
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
PM
[LTH]-starwolf_ftw
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 04:36 PM

OMG BOOM@
Group Icon

Group: Lethality Member
Member No.: 449

Wow, its been what two weeks since last update? I really want to try this out.. banana.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Expect more about this later today. biggrin.gif
user posted image
PM
Over Power5
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 10:16 PM

Unregistered

umm also when u wc now it looks like your mad and your trying to kill the tree
Chuffa
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 04:14 AM

129 COMBAT / 1981 TOTAL
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 346

Might check that out later.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image %mh%9%mh%
PM
Sword User
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 04:48 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 310

The skill reward tools are really glitched up... Pickaxe doesn't give bonus exp on coal or granite or gold and appears to be a bronze pickaxe (WTH?)

Other than that it's good laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
99 str nao pl0x

scrolly thing:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
Hellbound487
Posted: Nov 13 2008, 06:16 PM

Necro EMAD! and DONOVAN KAYS Worshipper & Former COUNCIL
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 219

user posted image

Pwnage isnt it?

--------------------
user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
Luv List version 12394038476236525634748926452726456383.000001: Lit, Nick, Jss, Smaug, Ice, Jaal, Pura, Obby, Deas, BLOM <3
PM
Redeyes2496
Posted: Nov 15 2008, 01:32 PM

RSN: Redeyes2496
Group Icon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 395

i just think it's stupid how it's not for non-members, when a lot of skillers are non-members, but whatever lol

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
3monightmar3
Posted: Nov 21 2008, 10:53 PM

official god of the AL
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

i agree 100%

--------------------
user posted image
zoro894
Posted: Nov 26 2008, 06:22 PM

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 445

I didnt know it was mem only until I went to the actual place sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
K Arthur90
Posted: Nov 26 2008, 07:29 PM

FEAR ME!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 440

And now they're upgrading (looks more like downgrading for me) the reward system.
Right now, ppl earn combat xp, but not skill xp. The skillers (I didn't though) complained, and Jagex heard them: No xp at all. Not for combat, not for skilling.
Points are capped to 200k, and you can have up to 10 tools (morphic or volatile), and 10 pieces of armor/weapon.
Now that's another point they messed up at. Since the combat gear comes in groups of four (head/torso/leg/weapon) they should cap the items at 12, to one could have each kind on clay armor/weapon.

Jagex emo-th_guns9.gif

--------------------

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

PM
Sword User
Posted: Nov 26 2008, 07:34 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 310

I didnt know it was mem only until I went to the actual place sad.gif

F2p only get graphical updates and holiday events.. Bounty Hunter, Clan Wars, Fist Of Guthix, Duel Arena and PvP worlds were only made F2p because they 'replace' the wilderness that f2p had.. I wouldn't expect another f2p minigame in a loong time sad.gif

EDIT:

And now they're upgrading (looks more like downgrading for me) the reward system.
Right now, ppl earn combat xp, but not skill xp. The skillers (I didn't though) complained, and Jagex heard them: No xp at all. Not for combat, not for skilling.
Points are capped to 200k, and you can have up to 10 tools (morphic or volatile), and 10 pieces of armor/weapon.
Now that's another point they messed up at. Since the combat gear comes in groups of four (head/torso/leg/weapon) they should cap the items at 12, to one could have each kind on clay armor/weapon.

They're making combat gear rewards give bonus xp just like the clay tool rewards. Also, they're making the clay tools give double the normal xp instead of a small boost biggrin.gif Probably makes up for the exp you don't get while playing the actual minigame biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
99 str nao pl0x

scrolly thing:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Official Runescape News | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options Add ReplyNew Topic

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive