Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

New TopicNew Poll

Hypocrites
Upperninety8
Posted: Sep 24 2008, 03:10 PM

Unregistered

Hypocrite
hyp·o·crite (n)
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Lets review shall we...

QUOTE (coolmage©)
All of the new people in this clan (newbies) are really starting to get on my nerves, I would appreciate it if you kept more quiet. You are all are putting suggestions about how bad things are like the forum and banners and the way things are being run. If you post count is 2 then you are not in the position to be telling us how to run things. Thanks for understanding I don't want to have to beat you all with rocks

^This would be the criticism in question.

QUOTE (Upperninety8)
First, I think we need a definite Warlord. Right now our warlord as listed as both council and warlord, i think those positions need to be seperate, as the warlord has a pretty big job.

Next i dont particularly like the skin we're using atm because it doesnt really match with the banner. You want your forums to look as hawt as you can make them to attract new people. I'm home sick today and while i was bored i decided to throw together a quick test board. Let me know what you think.

I personally think it matches the banner better. I didnt add buttons or a key but that can easily be fixed. Admins if you're interested i can send you the codes.

Third, as i've already mentioned, the forum permission masks are a little weird. Validating people cant post until their validated. I think applicants should be able to post their apps before being validated by an admin.

Fourth, Activity in clan chat. Make it mandatory for members to be in clan chat while their on Rs unless they are doing something that requires the use of another chat, for example god wars.

Fifth, Weekly war practices. I'm not sure how experianced you guys are, but practice makes perfect. If we want to succeed it will help tremendously if we practice our tanking, binding, sniping ect.

^My "Criticism"

Now... Onto my point. If you arent going to bother to read all this please don't bother to reply. Don't wory i'll try to keep it short and get right to the point.

Well as you can see when i joined the clan i posted some suggestions which could be called constructive critism. I did not mean to bring the clan down, I just posted what i think might make it better. They weren't demands but a topic of suggestions open for disscussion. Apparently that is not ok.

I was told that i was "getting on peoples nerves" because of my post. I quickly posted my resignation as i will not sit here and be told i am hurting the clan while i try to help it. Then the quote that made me chuckle...

QUOTE (Coldsteelx)
Pathetic, learn to take some criticism whilst you retrieve your balls.

Now why you may ask?

Well for one, he flames much like a 12 year old. There is no reason for him to get E-thug on me for leaving. People need to learn that just because they talk big from the other side of a computer screen doesnt mean they are at all intimidating.

Secondly (the main point of this topic) I find this post to be very hypocritical. Coldsteelx posted on the topic made about me saying:

QUOTE (Coldsteelx)
Yeh that's true, they're not respected enough to be running their mouths, shame on you newbies

I'd say he is agreeing with coolmage, wouldnt you?

QUOTE (coolmage©)
All of the new people in this clan (newbies) are really starting to get on my nerves, I would appreciate it if you kept more quiet. You are all are putting suggestions about how bad things are like the forum and banners and the way things are being run.

Now if you havent put two and two together yet, this is what is ammusing me. Coldsteelx tells me to "learn to take some criticism" after he has already said that he doesnt think new people should be criticising the clan.

In my opinion the only difference is the connotation. I posted attempting to see what others felt about suggestions i had. coolmage posted his criticism of me and other new members in order to spite us, and Coldsteelx obviously agreed with him.

I rest my case. If you can't understand it you should probably be playing less Runescape and doing more studying.
death
Posted: Sep 24 2008, 03:28 PM

Unregistered

i kinda agree with you i don't think that because we're new to the clan the we shoud be shot down when we're trying to help its not fair we all have the same rights as human beings and one of those rights is to pass criticism but to be told to be quiet and keep our ideas to our selves (in other words you're here to make the clan look good so shut up) is basic bulling not fair to us at all and the let other people in the clan express the views on things while chucking us in the cubored is totally unfair and just plain worng
Coldsteelx
Posted: Sep 24 2008, 03:49 PM

Unregistered

Rofl, yes but that's not ME being hypocritical is it now?
I said learn to take some criticism (which you need to do by the way) I wasn't the one getting mad about being criticised, it was coolmage, I was implying that new people shouldn't be 'running their mouths' as in, telling the clan leaders what they should be doing.
death
Posted: Sep 24 2008, 03:55 PM

Unregistered

he wasent "telling" he was suggesting now in case the meaning of those to words suddenly changed over night telling and suggesting are two very different things so dude get your facts straight before trying to outsmart upper cause apparently hes much smarter than you
Thund_Str
Posted: Sep 24 2008, 03:56 PM

Unregistered

ya i agree its not fair to say you can criticise us but we cant criticise you.
Golden arm42
Posted: Sep 24 2008, 03:59 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

This is getting ridiculous. Why does it matter who makes suggestions? If they're good suggestions, they should be considered no matter who suggests them (conversely, if they're bad suggestions, then it doesn't matter who proposes them).

Why do people need to get in a flaming war just because some new people posted suggestions? Now, at least one has left, for no good reason! Come on AL, we can do better than flaming people and criticizing them for offering opinions.

Upper, please reconsider leaving! There was a simple misunderstanding, and now you and others can just make up. Leaving isn't necessary; please give it another shot. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
death
Posted: Sep 24 2008, 04:02 PM

Unregistered

(this is going to seem like i'm sucking up)

I agree i hate fighting but to be honest people in this clan did kinda shot upper down because of his suggestions
Upperninety8
Posted: Sep 24 2008, 04:04 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Coldsteelx @ Sep 24 2008, 03:49 PM)
Rofl, yes but that's not ME being hypocritical is it now?
I said learn to take some criticism (which you need to do by the way) I wasn't the one getting mad about being criticised, it was coolmage, I was implying that new people shouldn't be 'running their mouths' as in, telling the clan leaders what they should be doing.

Isn't that what the suggestions forum is for?

Your first 3 words were "Yeh that's true,"

Which in fact is you agreeing with what coldmage had said.

If you think of my suggestions as constructive criticism for the clan as a whole (Which is what i believe the suggestions forum is for) then you would realize my point. You couldnt take any part of your clan being criticised, even in a constructive manor, and so you flamed.
Necroswordia
Posted: Sep 24 2008, 04:05 PM

Former High Council member
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 154

I have put Cold's Warning level to 4 for flaming. Flaming is not permitted in this clan, so I've raised it high because flaming is REALLY bad. I am also closing this topic because it might lead to more flaming.

Topic closed

PS: I have also deleted cold's flame posts.

--------------------
Previously known as: Necroswordia and DookPlunkIdiot, RS Username: Necroswordia
user posted image
Please warn me if my new signature is too big
PM
Golden arm42
Posted: Sep 24 2008, 04:06 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Listen guys. He made a suggestion. He put it in the suggestions forum. It was a mature, respectable suggestion. He didn't flame. He didn't put people down.

Why can't you guys just accept that and leave him alone? If he wants to make a suggestion, he has every right to. Everyone has a right to. If you want to suggest your own thing, then feel free, but don't put him down just because he DID make a suggestion!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Formerly known as Golden arm42
PM
red ring 95
Posted: Sep 25 2008, 08:31 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 311

i must say i agree with upper, he submitted some good suggestions,(i especially like the validating one lol) and he presented them formally, with no flaming or making anyone feel bad.

now, as for flaming him just because he offered suggestions.... that is downright.... "pathetic", to use another members words.

now i can see when a new member enters and his second post is "change skin i dont like it, make me events i like blah blah blah." that i can understand, but i still wouldnt flame the person for it, i would just lol to myself and ignore it.

if we cant take criticism or handle suggestions, we may be in trouble. and i really hope this doesnt continue, because this is whats called a "snowball effect."

so yea thats my piece.

oh btw topic didnt lock.

--------------------

user posted image
im on cod4 and cod5 almost everyday, so hit me up if you want a game!
PM
Coldsteelx
Posted: Sep 26 2008, 09:59 AM

Unregistered

Well this whole things kinda over now so no more comments pl0x tongue.gif
3monightmar3
Posted: Sep 29 2008, 09:39 AM

official god of the AL
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

haha i didnt read half of this way ova the top...sum1 close this plz =.=

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Council of Members | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive