zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Ancient Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ancient Legion regrets to inform we have closed our doors.
It has been a good time, guys!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) New TopicNew Poll

Pures, mmm
Wellycraft24
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 05:20 AM

Unregistered

Okay, I have noticed since the supposed update of PvP worlds that Pures are coming back. all the decent pure training spots are being filled. Yay for Pures.
Xmaster
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 06:38 AM

Pure Nothing
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 141

lol and what might those spots beh XD

yea iv never pked in the old wildy but i shall make my pure pwn in the new one ohmy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if
^^^^read backwards^^^^
PM
3monightmar3
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 07:54 AM

official god of the AL
Group Icon

Group: Retired Member
Member No.: 26

me too, every1 here who was successful in old wildy plz post any tips you have for creating and using pures!

--------------------
user posted image
damon
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 10:02 AM

Unregistered

roflmao lmfao noobs tongue.gif and i got made fun of for staying pure... i swear to god when wildy was taken out i told every1 i was gonna stay pure just in case... and guess what? i was right.. so look at me, one of the few lvl 80+ rune pures still around and i already got my range up and str for pvp... a few more levels and ill be straight pking... finally i dont look stupid for bieng pure... anyways.... most of you guys have high defence atm, which is gonna make it hard to become good pkers unless you get high range or mage... leveling strength really high will be hard with defence, because you not only need to hit high, you need to hit often... so if your defence is 60+ and your under 80 cb, then i suggest leveling range and mage. always remember that attack and strength go hand in hand.... and in the melee triangle, to be really good in something, something has to be sacraficed. if you want high str but you got defence already, youll find attack will be sacraficed, and you wont hit very much unless you get no armor fights. anyways here i have a lil guide i made on pures i think... its more along the bh lines but it still works... and just to let everyone know... ive been playing for like 4 years and never got an account passed 55 def.... 3 accounts i made from scratch that is over 80 cb... my original main damon36 i quit at lvl 81 cb and 55 def.... the ancients own i quit at 86 cb and 50 def.. and kid is the only 80+ account i got still going strong... and he is also 50 def.. so im pretty much use to not having defence

well here is a little guide... its bh really but i would reccomend leveling your pure to these stats anyways before pking because around 50-55 (the low bh levels) thats where pking gets good anyways and its not just 1 itemers with mith scimmies anymore.

CODE
[u]Pures[/u]
While pures in bounty hunter are mostly criticized, you can show those def noobs who's boss with the proper training! *WARNING- all pures listed are built for the LOW level caves*

Range pure- A range pure is probably the weakest of all pures. A good ranger should have at least 70 range going into the low lvl crater, and its the low level crater is where the pure ranger should stay.  a range pure should NOT get pray no matter what people may say.
1. f2p pure ranger- this ranger should be equipped with maple shortbow, around 100 adamant arrows, and full SWORDIES. I highly recommend swordies since pures have only 1 defense and need the best food they can get. If possible, aim to fight mostly mages and other low level rangers. NEVER FIGHT PEOPLE WITH HIGH DEFENSE. a f2p pure ranger should have:

75-80 range
every other combat skill should be 1, except hp.
2. p2p pure ranger- they should have the same stats as a f2p ranger put should have a magic shortbow, 2 ranging potions(4) doses, 50 rune arrows(no more), and full sharks. Once again i recommend all pures to have the best available food.

Mage pure- The mage pure is probably most weak in free world. Since they can only do fireblast at best, they are no good in free world after the first crater. In free world, since mages can really stop training mage after fireblast, this gives them the option to either train up def or prayer. In members on the otherhand, its best to stay at 1 def and get 43 prayer for those dds pures.
1. f2p pure mage-a free mage should have on blue mage hat, blue mage top, monks bottom, anti-dragon sheild, elemental staff, power ammy (magic ammy is better with magic bonus, but the bonuses the power gives such as prayer and def makes it better for bhing), binds (optional), 75 fireblasts, bounty locate runes (optional) and full swordies.A pure mage should have stats such as:

60 magic
30 defence
43 pray
below 56 hp
if you keep your hitpoints below 56, it is possible to acheive all these starts under 55 combat.
2. p2p pure mage-With a member for a mage, the possibilities are much more diverse. A p2p mage should wear the same thing a free mage wears with the exception of the ammy, and cape. A member should wear glory ammy and a god cape. The equipment for a mage varies on the type of mage it is.
a. Ancient Mage- This type of mage is the best type being that with ice spells, it can freeze and do damage at once. These mages should wear full ghostly, glory ammy, and god cape. There stats should be:

70 magic
1-10 def
43 pray

Ancient mages should bring around 60 ice bursts, full sharks, and prayer potions(4) doses (optional).

b. Normal Mage-This type of mage requires at least 79 magic for the best results. This type of mage should wear what a f2p mage but as stated before should have a god cape, and a glory ammy. If your getting def to 20, wear full mystic, god cape, glory ammy instead. There stats should be:

79 magic
20 def (for mystic; optional) or 1
1 pray

*These mages are not recommended because they take up a lot of space for runes.* They should bring 100 fire waves (no god spells for they cannot be autocasted; no donít bring void knight mace), 15-20 entangles (highly recommended), bounty locate, and full sharks.

Melee Pure- The cheapest, and the most used pure. These pures can own wherever if utilized the right way. These guys are the ones that pack that big punch. Many people argue on whether they should get pray or not, but thatís solely up to you! ( Melee pures should NOT get def past 10!)
1. f2p melee pure- In free world, these guys should be equipped with d hide chaps, dhide vambs, the best possible chainbody you could wear (iron-black), coif, fancy boots, str ammy, best possible kite shield (iron-black), and rune scimmy. There stats should be:

40 atk
70 str
1 def
31 pray
40 range (for dhide)
32 mage for bounty locate (optional)

These guys should carry 1-2 str potions(4) doses, bounty locate runes (optional), rune 2h (optional), and full swordies.

2. p2p melee pure- A bhers worst nightmare. These guys are capable of running in and delivering that crucial blow, whether its with a dds, or a maul. *Note- I will only recommend a maul pure for the low level cave because a dds pure would require too high of an attack level* They should be equipped with everything a f2p melee pure would have. Stats should be:

50 atk
60 str
34 pray
40 range (for dhide)
32 mage for bounty locate (optional)

A member melee pure should carry 2 super str potions(4) doses, 2 super attack potions(4) doses, prayer potions, granite maul (a MUST), bounty locate spell (optional), full sharks.

Donovan Kays
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 10:11 AM

Let's get AL back to it's former glory.
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 313

I like range-2h pures they own

Just look up Most Dreaded on youtube

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
%mh%5%mh%
PM
damon
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 10:16 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Donovan Kays @ Oct 4 2008, 10:11 AM)
I like range-2h pures they own

Just look up Most Dreaded on youtube

yea ranger 2h own the hardest..... even at a high level.. but its hard to get the proper attack level.. cuz im having trouble choosing how high my attack should be.
emad559
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 11:47 AM

Unregistered

Yeah rune 2h pures do own cause the people don't think that they're gonna get koed by range but when you pull out the 2h, BAM they're dead. Also, we gotta pk together sometime damon.
damon
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 11:59 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (emad559 @ Oct 4 2008, 11:47 AM)
Yeah rune 2h pures do own cause the people don't think that they're gonna get koed by range but when you pull out the 2h, BAM they're dead. Also, we gotta pk together sometime damon.

sure that would be fun... i good at keepin people alive too.
rsw armoury
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 12:39 PM

10/10 or die
Group Icon

Group: Trial Member
Member No.: 372

If you guys are interested in pures, I can help you build/play them. I've been an active pure in PC for a long time now, so I pretty much know everything there is to being a pure. Here's the breakdown for pures.

Pures are not someone with one stat that's very high. A pure will need to have high str, mage, and range. The purpose of each are as follows (f2p).

Range - Range is for tearing up mains. A pure ranger vs a main, the pure ranger will ALWAYS win. Range has EXTREMELY high accuracy and rune will not be able to defend against range. If you look at any vid with a 99 range lvl ~75 cb range pure, they will be owning mains that are 100+ easily. BAck when I had 58 range, I was training on mains in safe ffa, and I beat mains that are up to 20 lvls higher than me. Overall, range has very high accuracy and fairly high dps (damage per second). The accuracy of 60 range is around 80 attack. The accuracy of 75 range is around 99 attack.

Strength - Str has the highest dps. When you are a pure going against another pure, put away your bow and crank out your scim. F2p pures will have 40 attack. That is VERY low accuracy, but when going against another pure, accuracy doesn't matter. Do not try to kill mains with a scim. I only got 2 rune kills in BH using a scim.

Mage - Get 60 mage, and bind. That's all.

Mistaken pure:

Range/2H - Although range/2h may be a fancy way to kill someone, it's actually very useless. In wars and pking, you are not going to get the 2h switch on anyone. It's only purpose is 1v1. Even in 1v1s, when people eat when their life falls below 20, range/2h can't do anything. After the failed 2h hit, the cooldown time allows the opponent to eat to full health, or kill you, whatever they want. Against mains, the 2H will almost always miss. This way, there might be a chance that a pure can be beaten by a main. There is no attack level where range/2h becomes good. With high str and attack, it means a high combat level. At a high combat level, it means you will be facing people with an even higher def. So against mains, range/2h is useless, and against pures, you will be slaughtered with a scim.

Str pure - You see a pure, they pull out their scim, it's a fair 1v1. You see someone with def, you die or you run like hell.

Mage pure - Fire blast is both weak and slow. Hitting 16s every few seconds is next to no damage at all. Let's look at low lvls. A lvl 55 mage, a lvl 55 ranger, and a lvl 55 str pure. The 55 mage hits max of 16 every few seconds. The 55 ranger hits constant 16s. The str pure hits up to 20 almost as fast as the ranger hits. Even against mains, mage pures are useless. The main will be hitting you more than you will be hitting him. That totally defeats the purpose of a pure.

This is the perfect build for a f2p pure:

Attack - 40
Strength - 80
Range - 80
Prayer - 44
Magic - 60+

80 str is the highest str you need to beat other pures. At 70 str, you will be dealing high dps than lobsters can heal when constantly eating. When I was a lvl 55 BHer with 72 str, I always kept people in an eating lock, because once they stopped eating for a second, they would die. Since I damaged them faster than they could heal, they died eventually. I never really had to eat in fights unless going against another pure with the same build as me, then it's about whoever gets in an eating lock first. With 80 str, you will be killing faster than swordies can heal.

80 range is necessary because it's the most you can have without leveling. You will still be melee based, but only by a slim amount. So stay 80 range to not get levels. 80 range will be wreaking havoc on 99 defers, so there's not much more to ask.

44 prayer is debated amongst people inexperienced with pures, but if you ask any pure veteran, he will tell you that 44 prayer is essential. With 44 pray, you will be hitting a lot better than you would have been if you just have higher base stats. Plus you get protection prayers as well. Protection prayers give you the best defense for the amount of combat that 44 prayer gives you. 44 prayer gives you 5 cb. Which is the same amount as 20 def. Mith barely does anything, protection prayers save your butt.

60+ mage is for binding. Although you learn bind at 20 mage, it's only at 60+ mage where it starts to not splash.

Equipment:

There is still a lot of variance in what equipment to use even within experienced pures. This is what I found to be the best possible set:

Wizard hat
Amulet of power
Monk robe top
D'hide chaps
D'hide vambs
Boots
Cape
Explorer's ring
Maple shortbow
200 Adamant arrows

Inv:
Rune scimitar
20+ binds
Str pot
2 Anchovie pizzas
Rest Swordfish

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PM
emad559
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 01:02 PM

Unregistered

Wow nice guide but you made range 2hers seem awfull they're actually good.
rsw armoury
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 02:01 PM

10/10 or die
Group Icon

Trust me, range/2h is awful. In low level crater, I've made about 300 kills (250 rogue on highscores). I sell my loot once a week, at one point, I had 2k+ addies and 20+ 2h's in my bank. I've never had any trouble against range/2h. The only hard opponents are pure str. The only time I ever died in BH was against a str pure.

--------------------
PM
damon
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 02:22 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (rsw armoury @ Oct 4 2008, 02:01 PM)
Trust me, range/2h is awful. In low level crater, I've made about 300 kills (250 rogue on highscores). I sell my loot once a week, at one point, I had 2k+ addies and 20+ 2h's in my bank. I've never had any trouble against range/2h. The only hard opponents are pure str. The only time I ever died in BH was against a str pure.

.....range 2h owns... ive made every type of pure..... every... the best 3 so far are full out tanks.. (high def range and mage), str mages (high strength and mage) and range 2h.... the best pure is actually str mage.... but in f2p its range 2h... plus im a high level range 2h... and hell no 75 range doesnt hit like 99 attack.. i got 85 range and not even with pray it hits like 99 attack... range 2h owns all in no armor fights.
death
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 02:38 PM

Unregistered

pures aside i plan on pwning in the new wildy biggrin.gif nothin will stop meh ^^

goldcrown.gif goldcrown.gif goldcrown.gif
rsw armoury
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 04:44 PM

10/10 or die
Group Icon

QUOTE (damon @ Oct 4 2008, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE (rsw armoury @ Oct 4 2008, 02:01 PM)
Trust me, range/2h is awful.  In low level crater, I've made about 300 kills (250 rogue on highscores).  I sell my loot once a week, at one point, I had 2k+ addies and 20+ 2h's in my bank.  I've never had any trouble against range/2h.  The only hard opponents are pure str.  The only time I ever died in BH was against a str pure.

.....range 2h owns... ive made every type of pure..... every... the best 3 so far are full out tanks.. (high def range and mage), str mages (high strength and mage) and range 2h.... the best pure is actually str mage.... but in f2p its range 2h... plus im a high level range 2h... and hell no 75 range doesnt hit like 99 attack.. i got 85 range and not even with pray it hits like 99 attack... range 2h owns all in no armor fights.

Range/2h in f2p is impractical in wars and pking.

In 1v1s vs other pures is the only time that range/2h is used at all. Since range/2hers don't use prayer, their dps will be much lower than that of a str pure. Range cannot put someone in an eating lock nearly as well as melee can. Unless the opponent eats at like 10 hp, range/2h can't do anything. Switching to a 2h hit will only help your opponent.

So basically, range/2h has no purpose whatsoever in wars, and it's only on par in 1v1s.

--------------------
PM
Upperninety8
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 10:25 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (rsw armoury @ Oct 4 2008, 04:44 PM)
Range/2h in f2p is impractical in wars and pking.

Range/2h isnt impractical. High range will do better to lower an opponents hp because it hits faster. Then the 2h for an easy KO.

This topic isnt about wars. In wars you wouldnt see people pulling out a 2h. But believe me, range in wars does make a difference idc if you're pure or main. Obviously you wouldnt be using the 2h much in wars, because the whole point of a 2h is to ko someone in a 1v1...

That aside... High defence doesnt make you a bad pker. I look forward to the update, but i don't regret my defence at all tongue.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Runescape/clan discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  New TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive