|Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
|Ancient Legion > Event Coordinator forum > Skill total competiton|
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 5 2009, 02:01 PM|
| Hey ECs,
What do yall think of a competition where the whole idea is to raise your skill total.
basically who ever has the highest total lvl gain over the competition wins.
|Posted by: Sword User Mar 5 2009, 02:57 PM|
|Good idea, but just judging by total levels wouldn't be fair for ppl with all highish skills, people like me with several lvl 10 skills could gain 20 levels very quickly Maybe judging by total experience gained instead?|
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 5 2009, 03:52 PM|
| that wouldnt be a bad idea.
it would favor lower skill totals which would be beneficail because htey are the ones that need to raise it the most.
|Posted by: starwolf_ftw Mar 5 2009, 04:49 PM|
| Here are my thoughts on this....
1) This is basically another competition like our combat competitions, where it consisted of best gains from all combat related stats. This competition falls in same category, but I have a question. Would this be only noncombat related skills or would it include all of them?
2) If it was total levels gained, it could be a big boon to our lower level people to get some of their skills up to a decent level, but it has its downsides. Our higher level people have no drive to work on their skills since it takes already a decently long time to raise. Here's my question, do you want this competition to be leaned more towards our lower level players to become better or do you want an overall competition with fair game?
3) Think of the organization... An overall gain in all skills is going to be hectic, not to mention the hell we are going to have to go through to calculate gains. I suggest this, if this was to happen, people sign up for skills they know they will raise and they will only be accounted for the skills they have said they will raise. If they raised other skills during the time of the competition, too bad, it won't be counted.
4) Length of time will be an issue here, so what do you plan on doing about it? 1 week I think will not be enough for this competition because some skills can be raised at much higher speeds then others. I suggest we change the length to 2 weeks to maybe even a month (throwing that in the air ) . If we increase the time though, the amount of skills each participant can choose to be accounted for them will have to be decreased.
There are my major points of discussion for this topic, it might be intense, but if we want to do this, they need to be addressed. If anything, let's let the people know this ASAP so they know what they want to train for this competition. I personally like the idea because people can work on their gains and not be forced to raise a stat they might not like to train.
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 5 2009, 05:08 PM|
1. It would include all xp.
2. It would definitely lean to our lower lvl players and I think that this is a good thing. Higher lvl players know how to do the things more but lower lvl players will be able to gain more lvls. I would like to see equal participation by upper and lower lvls. I don't htink that the higher lvls should not do it jsut because its harder. It might not be as fun for the higher lvls but I am hoping that they will stick it out and still compete to raise the competition, making the lowbies get some nice gains.
3. I am hoping that people are on the highscores for overall that would make it sooooooooooo much easier cause it tells you skill total and then total xp. then we would have to look at the rs highscores to get their updated total lvl and total xp.
4. i agree with a longer timeframe it would enable the competition to go on and hopefully get some great gains.
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 5 2009, 05:10 PM|
| and another thought.
1. total lvls gained
2. total xp gained
|Posted by: starwolf_ftw Mar 5 2009, 05:13 PM|
| Should we implement this to be our next contest? If so, could I run it? I haven't done so in such a long time (since our last big-time contest with multiclan mess)
I say this is great! We got just about everything covered, but everyone feel free to give input!.
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 5 2009, 05:26 PM|
i will allow you to run it
we can do it whenever.
|Posted by: K Arthur90 Mar 5 2009, 06:59 PM|
| Erm... Just a quick question:
There are some members that don't have ALL stats on the hiscores. What you gonna do about that?
Also, how about we try to at least finish organizing the Race event?
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 5 2009, 07:49 PM|
we are gonna limit the competition to ppl whos totals are on the highscores.
ur last statement was not appreciated. I have an idea. I'm going to put it out there. It shouldn't be hard to organize multiple events. It's not like this affects ur race anyways.
|Posted by: K Arthur90 Mar 6 2009, 11:31 AM|
| What I said is why don't we organize one major event b4 organizing the next one.
Smaller events like trips or minigames can and should be scheduled at the same time we organize major events.
And it's not my race. It's AL's race. I just came up with the idea. All the EC's gotta work this idea onto a real event, not just an idea.
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 6 2009, 12:40 PM|
i was mis understood then. I thought you were doing this event so I haven't been very active in the thread about it.
|Posted by: K Arthur90 Mar 6 2009, 01:26 PM|
=P No way I could organize, schedule and run that event by myself.
PS.: [beep] I accidentally edited ur post instead of quoting. No harm done though. I still gotta adapt myself to an extra button there
|Posted by: starwolf_ftw Mar 6 2009, 02:35 PM|
| The race is what? On the 13th? Well then it'll all work out then. The next contest isn't supposed to start till the 20th, which is whenever our next contest will start on the earliest. We'll work on what we will plan for the race now till the date the race is on, then we'll focus on this contest.
-Arthur, at the end of the firemaking contest, you need to make a post for this race to let everyone know ahead of time. Just pick a date, time, and world for now, we'll work on what we'll do for the events over the course of the next week.
I'm glad this topic hasn't started a flame war, it looked really close to becoming one, but I'm glad it got resolved. *phew*
|Posted by: K Arthur90 Mar 6 2009, 03:20 PM|
Nah. It was my fault. Mine english be a few worst in not many times.
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 6 2009, 05:02 PM|
| I didn't realize that the race was like an EC group thing so thats why i was kinda defensive on my skilling comp thread.
its all good tho
|Posted by: animal magik Mar 7 2009, 03:01 AM|
| You've already decided on this and I know it's late but anyway, it would have to be exp, coz I'm lucky if I get 1 level a day lol.
But it's a good idea, I think we should do it, maybe instead of a skill contest seeing we just finished the fm one?
Or seeing we have events coming up maybe another 1-skill one and then after that.
|Posted by: starwolf_ftw Mar 10 2009, 06:30 PM|
|This might be all of a sudden, but TPL has finally spoken with me today about making a multiclan competition with us. Would you want to do this with TPL?|
|Posted by: K Arthur90 Mar 10 2009, 07:04 PM|
|Agreed. It's nice to have more contests with our allies. But have you talked to them about our idea already?|
|Posted by: starwolf_ftw Mar 10 2009, 07:09 PM|
|Yea, this contest will be pushed back a week or so. I'm trying to arrange a starting date, but is 2 weeks or a month ok (this question is for how long the contest should be)?|
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 10 2009, 07:33 PM|
| hmmm this in multiclan.
would be very interesting none the less.
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 10 2009, 08:17 PM|
| Prizes : There will actually be a prize this time! We'll have a graphic for each person who scores the most experienced gained in each skill. Also prizes for those who acheive the top 3 status of the entire competition!
we are going to keep track of individual skills too?
|Posted by: starwolf_ftw Mar 12 2009, 02:54 PM|
Here's how we are going to work on it.
During the competition, I'll only be keeping tracking of the total exp gained. But I'll have everyone's exp in every skill writted down so I can make a final calculation for highest gain in skills and give them awards and such.
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 12 2009, 02:55 PM|
|ok so initailly and at the end u'll be taking a ton of xp huh|
|Posted by: starwolf_ftw Mar 12 2009, 03:05 PM|
| Yea, it's going to be a total [BEEP] at the end of the competition. But it'll be easy if I can just glance and see which stat has the most exp gained, and then do a calculation.
Some people will be difficult, like animal and arthur (no offense) because they like raising their skills relatively evenly.
|Posted by: dflame58 Mar 13 2009, 12:06 AM|
k let me know if u want me to do a few