zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Anabasis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Alkamia, Era One
Webster52402
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 04:36 PM

Swift-Tongued Noble

Group: Intelligent Designer
Member No.: 9

You named the worm after the Devil? o.O
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 08:38 PM

Algae

Member No.: 12

Yeah, but after a specific devil, a devil that became a god... It also evolved on a very odd planet... I guess next time I'll name the creature in a way to make it clearer.
Webster52402
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 09:47 PM

Swift-Tongued Noble

Member No.: 9

*Is confused* Shaitan is the Islam translation of 'Satan', also known as 'Iblis' in the Quran. Apparently a Djinn or 'Jinn' in the Quran, he was cursed to Hell for refusing to bow to Adam because he thought of himself as superior. To quote directly: "I am better than him. For you made me of fire, and Adam of mud."

Though God granted him reprieve until Judgment day, upon which Shaitan swore to lead all the faithful astray. huh.gif

Unless I caught a completely unrelated reference. lol
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 01:31 AM

Algae

Not completely unrelated, I'm referencing someone who was referencing Sunni Islamic mythology. Anyway, I'm just going to re-rail this thread with these guys:

Name: Shifting Sands
Creator: MinotaurWarrior
Base: Silicone
Genes: Coordinated Behavior x1, Silicone Flesh Eating x1, Motile-Cilia-Like Hair-Based Movement x1, Cilia-Like Hair Inter-Personal Binding x1
Description: A hive-based incredibly tiny predatory creature, the Shifting Sands are capable of rapidly moving away (via the effect of running in one direction on a surface that is also running in the same direction) in an expanding circular pattern, causing a rush of water, and prey. Upon 'swallowing' their prey the hive moves in the opposite direction, covering the prey animal. Once in position, the upper level of creatures begin intertwining their cillia-like mobile hairs, causing the hive to look almost like a rock from the proper distance, and causing the prey animal to be incapable of escape.
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 04:29 PM

Algae

Name: Gill Algae
Ancestry: Rust Algae-> Gill Algae
Base: Carbon
Genes Added: Symbiotic Lifestyle x1, Silicon Oxidation x1, Sticky Slime x1
Genes Total: Fast Growth x1, Photosynthesis x1, Silicon Oxidization x2, Nutrient Storage x1, Symbiotic Lifestyle x1, Sticky Slime
Description: The Rust Algae was adept at fusing oxygen with silicon, an ability that most Silicon-Based Life could appreciate. As life was still developing on Alkamia , most creatures had no specialized breathing organs, most simply allowed oxygen-rich water to seep into their skin and bodies, and almost none actually filtered the water to transform it into pure oxygen. By allowing Rust Algae to grow on themselves, many silicon-based lifeforms found themselves becoming much more able-bodied, due to the algae photosynthesizing additional pure oxygen that was fed directly into the worm's flesh. Eventually this algae, spread from parent to child via the breeding process it's self, developed special adaptations to better aid it's symbiote, and thus better aid it's self (it could only grow so much on a single creature, and only spread via it's symbiote's breeding, thus when the host-worm did well, the algae did well).
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Sep 5 2008, 05:27 PM

Algae

Name: Rust Plow
Ancestry: Flesh Worm-> Rust Plow
Base: Carbon
Genes Added: Silicon Oxide Absorption x1, Silicon 'Plow' head x1, Algae Carrier x1
Genes: Carbon Plant Digestion x1, Tube Swimming x1, Fast Swimming x1, Mouth Openning x1, Silicon Oxide Absorption x1, Silicon 'Plow' head x1, Algae Carrier x1
Description: The rust plow worm was an aid to the Rust Algae cause, tilling the soil, spreading the rust, and bringing the algae it carried on it's back to new frontiers.
« Next Oldest | Alkamia | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0313 seconds · Archive