Strategic Defence and Security Review
Today, the Minister of Defence
announced the results of the Strategic Defence and Security Review.
This review set out that the guidelines for the Defence of Sweden for the next ten years. In which, the Ministry of Defence plans to;
- Raise the Number of personnel from 90,988 to 175,000.
- Expand the Royal Swedish Navy from 32 vessels, to around 45.
- To review the status and use-ability of the Saab S 100B Argus.
- Review the structure of the Armed Forces, and the chain of command.
- Re-install the Sovereign as the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.
- Review the readiness of the troops.
- Be the first nation to create a Brigade of 6,000 soldiers, dedicated to the use of the United Nations and the Security Council, including International Peace Missions, and the war against terrorism, on behalf of Sweden.