Title: Jornal De Angola
Description: Angola news
Angola (Esco) - March 11, 2012 10:04 PM (GMT)
The Home For Angolan News
Angola (Esco) - March 12, 2012 12:27 AM (GMT)
Angola's First Liquefied Natural Gas Plant Online
Radio Nacional de Angola reported on its website yesterday Angola's first liquefied natural gas plant went online this morning, citing Angola LNG director Daniel Rocha. Most of the billion dollar plant’s, natural gas production will be exported to the U.S. State-owned Radio Nacional cited Rocha as saying. Angola LNG is also considering sales to European and Asian markets, it said.
The plant has the potential to produce one billion cubic feet of clean gas a day for domestic and international markets, according to the project’s website. Angola LNG is led by Chevron Corp. (CVX) and partners include Total SA (FP), BP Plc (BP/), Eni SpA (ENI) and Angola’s state-owned Sonangol. President, dos Santos, said he welcomed the news of the opening of the plant, saying it is another step in continuing to rebuild an expand Angola’s economy; He added that discussion would continue on even more ways to improve the quality of life for all Angolans.
Angola (Esco) - March 16, 2012 09:11 PM (GMT)
President, dos Santos announces major deals with DRC
This morning President, dos Santos, and minister of economy and finance, Mustafa Mkulo
Announced that a number of agreements had been reach with, The Democratic Republic of the Congo and its President Joseph Kabila. This is a brief outline on what was agreed upon,
1. Angola will be the only distributer of DRC coltan, which the DRC has 70% of the world’s know ore deposits
2. There will be a six man panel of experts three from the DRC and three from Angola that will set the price of coltan, by a majority vote.
3. There will be a joint border frontier force, 10,000 from Angola and 15,000 from the DRC that will secure the DRC border area and provide security for all mines,transportation of resources, and delivery of DRC natural resources.
4. Angola and the DRC have also agreed to a mutual defense agreement
President, dos Santos said that this is just some of what was agreed upon, and that the rest of the details of the agreement would be released at a later date, but he assured the people of Angola that this agreement would create 300,000 or more jobs in its first two years of going into effect.
Angola (Esco) - March 18, 2012 12:55 AM (GMT)
Angolan troops to support DRC forces
Commander, Geraldo Nunda and 10,000 Angolan troops in support personal begin loading transport planes this morning in root to, DRC military bases in the province of Kivu. President, dos Santos said this deployment of Angolan troops to the DRC, Was in support of the people of the DRC, Saying the time had come for the world to put an end to the Kivu conflict, that has cost far too many innocent lives And promised the people of the DRC that him and DRC President Kabila, were committed to rebuilding the nation once the terrorist were evicted form DRC land.
Before leaving Commander, Geraldo Nunda, said his forces were ready, and called on the UN and other world body to support President Kabila and his fight against terrorist. He also said air strikes against, terrorist supply lines and terrorist hideouts could begin as soon as President Kabila, gave the word. Solider were not allowed to speak with the media, but each solider was given one weeks of military leave before, being deployed.
After visiting with his deporting soldiers, President Dos Santos announced the creation of a 17,000 man, Angolan Presidential Republican Guard, which will serve as the elite forces of the Angolan army but will be a separate force of The Angolan Armed Forces. Directly reporting to the president of Angola, The job of The Angolan Presidential Republican Guard is to guard the president and other government officials of Angola and maintain the territorial integrity of Angola, and protect Angolan national interest. There will also be an independent Special operations forces company, this force will consist of 250 soldiers, and a combined Air Force Squadron and helicopter Group consisting of 600 soldiers. He added that these men would be picked from the best of The Angolan regular army forces, and said they would have a better compensation package, because they would have greater responsibility in undergo 3 months of school training and 3 months of field training by foreign special forces.
Angola (Esco) - March 26, 2012 10:23 PM (GMT)
Bombing In Cabinda Province
A hotel and a school for children of government officials in the capital city of Cabinda, was bombed this morning police reported 47 people had been confirmed dead and 80 were injured, and that 17 of the dead were children. The governor of the city of Cabinda said Angolan search and rescue was still searching for survivors. The governor of the city also added that, The Armed Forces of Cabinda had claimed responsibility saying it was in retaliation for the continued Angolan occupation Cabinda, and said that The Front for the Liberation of the Enclave of Cabinda would no longer abide by the 2007 peace agreement, it signed with the Angolan government.
President, dos Santos, called on world governments to condemn this attack and for the Front for the Liberation of the Enclave of Cabinda, to continue to abide by the 2007 peace agreement for the sake of the peaceful people of Cabinda. He also ordered police to conduct a full investigation into the Bombing, and to find and punish the preparers. He also said that he had ordered the 2nd Brigade of the Angolan Presidential Republican Guard to be deployed to the city of Cabinda, to help police and other military personal protect the city from further attacks. Chief of Staff General Geraldo Sachipengo Nunda added that these cowardly attacks would not go unpunished, and that the guilty would not be speared. Families of the victims called for the Angolan government to imminently take action and called for retaliation,we will continue to update you as the situation progress
Angola (Esco) - March 28, 2012 08:08 PM (GMT)
2nd Brigade of the Angolan Presidential Republican Guard Arrives In Cabinda
In response to last week’s bombing 1,500 troops from the 2nd Brigade of the Angolan Presidential Republican Guard, arrived in the capital city of Cabinda, with another 1,500 scheduled to arrive by the end of the year. Elements of the Presidential Republican Guard’s 1st Tank Brigade and 1st Artillery Battalion preceded the arrival of the 2nd Brigade. Reports are that as many as 25 to 50 armed Vehicles and tanks have been spotted throughout the city providing an increased amount of security.
Defense Minister, Van-Dúnem said construction of a permanent military base In Cabinda, for the Angolan Presidential Republican Guard, would begin by years end; He also added that retaliatory airstrikes had begun, and that these precision guided airstrikes had taken place along the Angolan-ROC border, targeting supply lines of The Armed Forces of Cabinda and their backers The Front for the Liberation of the Enclave of Cabinda, it is Angola’s first confirmed use of the advanced Su-30MK3.
Defense Minister, Van-Dúnem added that only precision guided/TV-guided, KAB 500KR and KAB-1500KR munitions were used to minimize civilian casualties, and said airstrikes would continue for another 72 hours targeting supply lines and areas of operations for The Armed Forces of Cabinda and their backers The Front for the Liberation of the Enclave of Cabinda.
President, dos Santos, could not be reached for comment, but his advisers said he would release a statement soon.
Angola (Esco) - April 5, 2012 08:12 PM (GMT)
President, dos Santos, unveils The Angolan Presidential Republican Guard Tactical Missiles Force for the first time
President, dos Santos said he strongly backs earlier comments made by Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, saying Rwanda, Uganda, and Burundi will not be allowed to interfere with the internal matters of the DRC. Adding that the Second Congo War and Kivu conflicts were a direct result of these three governments attempting to create a power vacuum in the region and saying the only people that will be allowed to decide the fate of the DRC will be its people and its government.
During his speech President, dos Santos, unveiled The Angolan Presidential Republican Guard Tactical Missiles Force for the first time “Showing off improved Scud-D Tactical Missiles and SSC-1B Sepal Coastal Defense System’s both under the command of The Angolan Presidential Republican Guard Tactical Missiles Force, adding that defense through military deterrence would be The Angolan military doctrine, saying the need for one nation to wage war is negated when both nation are equal in terms of military power.
President, dos Santos added that peace in Africa was essential to continued world economic growth, and that he expected nations in Africa to uphold and respect the independence of sovereign nations. Saying Angolan will continue to support the DRC militarily and economically, but once the DRC government was stable enough, his forces would withdraw from DRC territory. But insisted Angola would still continue to support the DRC economically, to insure stability.
Angola (Esco) - April 11, 2012 10:02 PM (GMT)
Angola most advanced Anti-Air system in central South-West Africa
Truck after truck rolled into Luanda and other cities of Angola this morning, setting up and integrating Angola’s air defense network. Expects say Angolan air space will be one of the most secure in Africa, sighting numerous reports of integration of the S-300PMU-2, S-125 Pechora-2M, and the SA-2 Guideline, and a verity of other advanced equipment.
Angola (Esco) - April 29, 2012 04:11 AM (GMT)
President, dos Santos calls for calm in Zimbabwe's after President Robert Mugabe death President, dos Santos called for calm in Zimbabwe's after President Robert Mugabe death earlier this Month saying the time has come for the Zimbabwean people to decide their own fate. And not allow outside influences to dictate the future of Zimbabwe, and that the transition to a stable government should take place swiftly for the sake of the Zimbabwean people. And that the divisions within the Zanu-PF party needed to resolved quickly. Adding that he was monitoring the situation in Zimbabwe closely and that Angola would not allow Zimbabwe to fall into conflict and that he was taking a personal interest in the situation.
Angola (Esco) - May 3, 2012 05:38 PM (GMT)
The Angolan Jewel of Africa Hotel (A computer rendering, of the Jewel of Africa Hotel) Minister of Economy and Finance Affairs Mustafa Mkulo announced this morning plans for Jewel of Africa Hotel were being finalized and that the 4 billion dollar hotel would be the one of the largest and most luxurious hotels in world. It is being reported that the hotel will have 2,990 rooms making it the 24th largest hotel in the word. The hotel will be built on the island of Baia dos Tigres, which is currently undergoing major infrastructure work in preparation for new hotels and gambling resorts, which will be anchored by the Jewel of Africa Hotel. Minister Mustafa Mkulo also announced that President dos Santos, had signed into law the legalization of gambling in Angola, but the law would only apply to the island of Baia dos Tigres and that gambling in Angola would still be illegal in all other Province’s and citys in Angola other than the island of Baia dos Tigres.
Angola (Esco) - May 9, 2012 07:32 PM (GMT)
Minister of Economy and Finance Affairs Mustafa Mkulo announces massive housing development Minister of Economy and Finance Affairs Mustafa Mkulo announced construction of a massive housing development on the outskirts of the city capital city of Luanda was underway. The area will hold around 3,000 homes with parks, recreation areas, and a massive mad-made lake. The cost of the project will cost around 1.7 billion this includes major infrastructure work, 90% of the workforce for this project will be done by local Angolan labor. Minister Mustafa Mkulo said the housing area will be built to support the emerging middle class of Angola, and he estimated the starting cost of buying a home in the area would be around 100,000 (USD) and for more luxurious accommodations around 800,000 (USD), the project is expected to be completed around 2016.
Angola (Esco) - May 10, 2012 08:31 PM (GMT)
President, dos Santos takes a hardline on the so called Kanem Kingdom President, dos Santos released a statement this morning condemning the so called Kanem Kingdom, and called on the AU, UN, and world powers to intervene or risk a war that could devastate North Africa. He added that if the international community did not take steps to rid Africa of this illegal regime, the government of Angola would have no choice but to take action in support of her Christian allies in Chad, who he said, would not be allowed to be at the mercy of a tyrannical government. But President, dos Santos would not elaborate on what exactly Angola would do if action was not taken are what time frame he had for action to be taken but did say he supported a diplomatic solution to the crisis.
Military observers and regional government think tanks pointed out Angola close ties to the Christians Tribes in North Africa and Angola’s resent military buildup as signs that Angola is seeking to expand its Influence from a regional power to a continental one, As reasons for President, dos Santos's hardline concerning the current crisis in Chad.
Angola (Esco) - May 22, 2012 09:57 PM (GMT)
Angola's Second Liquefied Natural Gas Plant To Open In 2017 Minister of Economy and Finance Affairs Mustafa Mkulo announced this morning, plans to build Angola's second liquefied natural gas plant, saying the plant was necessary to keep up with demand, recent estimates put Angola natural gas reserves at 10.9 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of natural gas reserves as of January 1, 2011-- a significant increase from the 2007 estimated reserves of 2 Tcf. In 2009. Minister Mustafa Mkulo added that although Angola is the number one natural gas producer in sub-Saharan Africa, the government of Angola was not content and that President, dos Santos goal was to make Angola less dependent on curd oil production, and ready to begin, taping Angola’s other natural resources, Minister Mustafa Mkulo said he expected to secure financing by years end, and for the plant to be operational by the end of 2017, Minister Mustafa Mkulo also said expect more announcements on the economy in the coming weeks in months.
Angola (Esco) - July 5, 2012 03:54 PM (GMT)
Military Base CompletePresident, dos Santos anounced today that the new millatry base located in the capital city of Cabinda was completed and is the largest military base and troop training complex in Angola. Housing a little over 5,000 troops, President, dos Santos added that 2 more bases of the same size were being built in eastern Cabinda and one more outside of Luanda.
The developer and architect of the 3 bases was quoted saying " This is a landmark day for the Angolan military, the new bases are state of the art and the new training facility is light years ahead of any military training facility in africa." He also added that work on a new air force base and state of the art military R&D facility would begin by years end, but said he could not elaborate on the details, and more would be revealed soon but national security would take precedent over transparency"